Hey there! My first (and last) Yay or Nay Wednesday was quite a hit so I decided to do another one this week. Today I want to talk about reading a new book or re-reading a favorite. This is a hotly debated topic that I know many of us book lovers undergo so now I present the case to you.
The Case: Should you read a brand new book or dive back into a book you know you’ll love?
For Reading (New):
- you discover a new world to love
- you meet new characters
- you could find your next OTP
- new book boyfriend(s!!!!)
- that cover is tempting you so much – it’s just too glorious!
- the hype is (not) real and you want to sniff it out for yourself
Against Reading (New):
- you might hate the book and you don’t want another DNF on your hands
- the hype might just be that
- if you hate the book you’re wasting precious time you could be spending with your beloved (favorite book, obvi)
- you spent hard earned cash on that (whether it’s physical or e-book)
- now you have a book you don’t like taking up room on your already sagging shelves
While I love me my Percy Jackson and Scout Finch the temptation of a new world gets me every time. I have so many new books that I want to read that if I just re-read my old ones I would never make it through my entire TBR pile. I don’t always know what to read next – that’s what my TBR jar is for of course. Sometimes I feel a book just calling to me so then I read it. I try to read a lot of the hyped books that I see on Instagram, but I can’t always get to all of them. I also always check the Anticipated Reads list Epic Reads releases every month to keep an eye out for new books. My shelves are groaning from the weight of so many books as it is that I truly need to work my way through all of them.
What’s your opinion? Do you like to re-read book? What are some of your go-to books that instantly put you into a good mood?
Thanks for reading today! Happy reading!