Hey happy Friday! I’m back here again with another book tag because I can. I found this on Lizzy’s blog My Little Book Blog. It’s an excellent blog and y’all need to go check it out.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BOOK PET HATES?
- Forced love triangles – Drama is okay here and there, but the love triangle that goes on wayyyy too long? Ugh I hate it.
- Bad books with pretty covers – Okay so maybe this is a little petty, but I buy a good portion of books on looks. I hate getting suckered in by the cover and not liking the book.
- Love at first sight – It’s so unrealistic! I know it happens for some people, but for the most part people have to get to know each other first.
DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT READING SPOT
I want a nook that is cozy and tucked away from the world. It will overlook something nature-y with a big window and lots of pillows. And a blanket. I would also have a way to store as many books there as possible. I’m all about space conservation.
TELL US THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
- I dog-ear my pages. It happens when I’m in need of a bookmark and I don’t have anything in my hand to stick in my book. Pro tip: When you dog-ear use the bottom of the page. Less words there usually.
- If you read my Wednesday post it wouldn’t surprise you if I said I write in my books. I love to read my notes in the margins when I reread. It’s about the conversation between me and the book! It’s something I don’t always do, but I will if I want to.
- I know I’ve confessed to not reading Harry Potter all the way through, so another series I haven’t read is The Lord of the Rings. I know, I know Tolkien is practically in literary cannon, but I just haven’t gotten into the book series! It’s not that I’m against fantasy, I love a good fantasy, it’s just that it’s never been high on my list of reading. I’m sure I’ll get to it eventually, but not quite yet.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED DURING A BOOK?
I cried reading Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin. The feels just hit me, and I couldn’t help myself! One that really had me going with the waterworks was The Memory Book by Lara Avery. I highly highly recommend this book. It’s an excellent story that doesn’t get nearly as much hype as it should.
HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
Depends what bedside table. I have 2 because I’m staying with my sister (long story short, our rental house flooded in the basement where my parents were staying and we only have 2 real bedrooms here). On that one I have at least 10. On this one at home I have one because my mom made me move everything to my actual bookshelves. I have a lot of them packed up too though. I can’t wait to move.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SNACK TO EAT WHILE YOU’RE READING?
Food. I like food. Honestly it doesn’t really matter to me what I eat as long as I like it. I’ve eaten chocolate, salami, dinner, lunch, breakfast. One of my favorite things to do is read and eat my meals. I read with my breakfast almost everyday.
NAME THREE BOOKS YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE
This is like asking me to pick a favorite child!!!!!!! Okay I think I’ll go with my favorite ones that aren’t as hyped as they should be.
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy – Seriously guys, you need to go read this book right now. It’s about a girl who is still coping with the crushing grief from the death of her older brother. There are 4 other characters whose stories go with hers, and it’s immaculate. I love Cori’s writing! It’s gorgeous, just like her 🙂 (review | interview)
- Not if I See You First by Eric Lindstrom – I could not stop laughing when I read this book. It’s about a girl named Parker who is blind and is one of the sassiest characters you’ll ever meet. I love her strength and self-confidence (and her rules!!). I love how Linstrom portrays this disability. Though Parker is blind, it isn’t the defining thing of the story. It’s more about Parker’s story and how she develops as a person. (review)
- The Girl Who Fell by S. M. Parker – This book talks the importance of relationships in your life. It’s about knowing who you are as a person, and what affect your relationship with another has on who that is. I love how Zephyr is portrayed in this book, and I love that she has an excellent support system. Zeph is a beacon of hope to those who have experienced or think they are in an abusive relationship whether it’s physical, emotional, or psychological. Never let someone silence you! (review | interview)
SHOW US A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKSHELF ON YOUR BOOKCASE
Lol throwback to that time when my books were kind of organized. I don’t currently have a favorite shelf, but I’ll definitely have an updated shelfie when we move in!
WRITE HOW MUCH BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN JUST THREE WORDS
Whole New World
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST READING SECRET?
I haven’t read a lick of Morgan Matson. I own two of her books so acquiring the material is definitely not a problem, but I just haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. I will read The Unexpected Everything this month for The Book Junkies and I’m so excited!
Who I’m tagging
Anyone who has a double letter in their names (i.e. Theodore, Lily, etc.)