Guys! It’s a great week for the book community! There are so many good books being released!
This week’s releases
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir // Goodreads | Amazon
- Between Worlds by Skip Brittenham // Goodreads | Amazon
- Don’t You Trust Me by Patrice Kindl // Goodreads | Amazon
- For this Life Only by Stacey Kade // Goodreads | Amazon
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi // Goodreads | Amazon
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown // Goodreads | Amazon
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow // Goodreads | Amazon
- Just Kill Me by Adam Selzer // Goodreads | Amazon
- Poppy by Mary Hooper // Goodreads | Amazon
- Tell Me Something Real by Calla Devlin // Goodreads | Amazon
- The Call by Peadar O’Guilin // Goodreads | Amazon
- The Fixes: A Novel by Owen Matthews // Goodreads | Amazon
- The Monster on the Road is Me by J. P. Romney // Goodreads | Amazon
- The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielson // Goodreads | Amazon
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee // Goodreads | Amazon
ICYMI here’s a rundown of what happened last week
- Kasie West’s new book has a cover
Epic Reads announced this week the new cover for Kasie West’s book By Your Side. The book is slated to drop on Valentine’s day and is sure to deliver its proper dose of love and folly. Click here to read the full article plus first chapter preview.
Synopsis: When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.
Only he doesn’t come. No one does.
Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
- C. J. Redwine revealed the cover to The Wish Granter
This past Thursday C. J. Redwine along with YABCentral revealed the cover to her upcoming book The Wish Granter which is the next book in her Ravenspire series. The first book The Shadow Queen (review) was a hit among many as a retelling of Snow White. The Wish Granter follows the, “next chapter in Rumpelstiltskin’s life after he was exiled from his home kingdom by the miller’s daughter” (Redwine). The book is expected to be published on February 14, 2017. YABCentral is also hosting an international giveaway on their website.
Synopsis: An epic fantasy inspired by the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale, about a bastard princess who must take on an evil fae to save her brother’s soul, from the New York Times bestselling author ofThe Shadow Queen.
The world has turned upside down for Thad and Ari Glavan, the bastard twins of Súndraille’s king. Their mother was murdered. The royal family died mysteriously. And now Thad sits on the throne of a kingdom whose streets are suddenly overrun with violence that he can’t stop.
Growing up ignored by the nobility, Ari never wanted to be a proper princess. And when Thad suddenly starts training Ari to take his place, she realizes that her brother’s ascension to the throne wasn’t fate. It was the work of a Wish Granter named Alistair Teague, who tricked Thad into wishing away both the safety of his people and his soul in exchange for the crown.
So Ari recruits the help of Thad’s enigmatic new weapons master, Sebastian Vaughn, to teach her how to fight Teague. With secret ties to Teague’s criminal empire, Sebastian might just hold the key to discovering Alistair’s weaknesses, saving Ari’s brother—and herself.
But Teague is ruthless and more than ready to destroy anyone who dares stand in his way—and now he has his sights set on the princess. And if Ari can’t outwit him, she’ll lose Sebastian, her brother…and her soul.
- Marie Lu announced her tour schedule for The Midnight Star
Marie Lu and Entertainment Weekly released the tour schedule for the final book in her Young Elites series. The Midnight Star is a highly anticipated release this fall and is expected to drop October 11th. Click here to find the full tour and an exclusive excerpt from the book.
That’s all for this week. What release are you looking forward to?