It’s almost Valentine’s day and what a better way to celebrate that than with a bunch of *new* books? Also, happy Galentine’s day – huge shoutout to all of my lovely ladies, I love you all so much! While it seems love is in the air, the only real love I’m feeling (other than my friends and family of course) is for my books. They’re my escape from this mush-fest this year and have been for several years. I don’t know, I’m a hopeless romantic at heart (right, Ana?). Anyway – make sure you eat a lot of chocolate for me!
This week’s releases:
- A Season of Daring Greatly by Ellen Emerson White / Goodreads
- American Street by Ibi Zoboi / Goodreads
- Dare You by Jennifer Brown / Goodreads
- Ones and Zeroes by Dan Wells / Goodreads
- Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson / Goodreads
- Revenge of the Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen / Goodreads
- Switching Gears by Chantele Sedgwick / Goodreads
- The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro / Goodreads
- The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine / Goodreads
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour / Goodreads
I’m currently reading The Last of August and I love it so much! Hopefully I’ll be finishing it very soon 🙂
ICYMI here’s some highlights from last week:
- Katherine McGee & EpicReads revealed the new title to her newest book
The sequel to The Thousandth Floor received a title this past Friday – The Dazzling Heights. EpicReads made this grand announcement on their blog along with an excerpt of the book. The Dazzling Heights is set to be released August 29th of this year. So far no cover or description has been given yet. McGee’s first book The Thousandth Floor debuted last August and was quite a thrilling read to many readers. Several made requests to know if there would be a second book, and it’s finally here. Here’s a link to the excerpt! You can add it to your Goodreads here.
- Adam Silvera’s newest They Both Die at the End received a cover
Adam Silvera gave an interview to Mashable about his latest work They Both Die at the End and gave readers a look at its cover. The book is set to release on September 5th this year. This past January Silvera released his second book History is All You Left Me which was a big hit. His debut novel was More Happy Than Not which was received extremely well in the YA community.
Synopsis: Set in a near-future New York City where a service alerts people on the day they will die, the novel follows teens Mateo and Rufus, who meet using the Last Friend app and are faced with the challenge of living a lifetime on their End Day.
- Marie Lu announced her new book
This week Publisher’s Weekly announced the new book deal for Marie Lu and her book The Kingdom of Back. The Legend author announced her excitement over Twitter and shared a few details concerning her new book.
That’s all for today folks! I hope you have a wonderful week!